Director of Product Management – Ottawa
Director of Product Management
Who we are
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok – ask your CPA or CA friend – they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity
The CaseWare IDEA team, located in Ottawa, Ontario, is a growing team that has a mix of established desktop products and new SaaS products, all focused on the audit analytics market. We’re looking for a new team member who values:
- True individual ownership and responsibility over tasks
- Listening and learning from the feedback given by our customers, partners and staff
- Wanting to work on and solve difficult technical and market challenges
- Taking their work seriously, but not taking themselves too seriously
Joining a dynamic team that is working on a yet to be launched product, is a pretty amazing experience. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions and to have a direct impact on the launch and future success of the product.
Highlight of your responsibilities
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
You will be the go-to product management leader for a SaaS based product targeted at internal auditor that are interested in leveraging analytics to complete their jobs.. On Monday you could be writing business requirements for a new feature, on Tuesday you could be defining packaging and pricing, and on Wednesday you could be presenting the product roadmap to one of our international partners. You’ll work on difficult problems and collaborate with IDEA functional teams including developers, industry specialists, marketing, sales, and support, and customer success.. As IDEA has thousands of global customers today, you’ll also work to ensure they understand and can leverage our new offerings while retaining the power of the current IDEA product.
Among other responsibilities, in this role you would:
- Apply your leadership skills to guide our products from inception to global adoption
- Foster an environment that promotes innovation. Think beyond what the customers are asking for and design what the customer hasn’t even considered.
- Lead the definition of the business unit’s product line strategy ensuring alignment with CaseWare’s product strategy.
- Ensure that the roadmap aligns with the targeted markets and the company’s vision.
- Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Drive the end to end feature delivery cycle. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans.
- Represent the customer. Be the voice of the customer. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer’s voice into the creation process.
- Manage and mentor Product Owners and other product supporting team members. Oversee recruitment and training of new employees and direct the employee assessment process.
- Research and apply regulations and governing standards to product requirements
- Manage backlog refinement and planning sessions
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to join a successful, forward-thinking company that is building the next generation of product offerings for an established customer base
- To work as part of a collaborative team of innovators in our market
- An opportunity to have a big impact on a new product
- Considerable exposure to international sales, marketing and product development
- Internal development opportunities to support your professional growth and enhance your skills
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity…and celebrates success!
- Competitive compensation, benefits and profit sharing plan
- State-of-the-art IT infrastructure
- Various social events and team activities
[What it takes]
Passion, a great attitude, excellent communication skills and a willingness to explore will help you hit the ground running.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Direct product management experience defining, launching and growing a SaaS product.
- High level technical knowledge of cloud architectures (AWS).
- Drive, be highly flexible and comfortable working in a dynamic product development environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit along with a passion for creating software to solve customer real world problems…that could have a lasting impact on the world at large.
- Experience as a strategic leader with the ability to think big picture or delve deep into the details as needed while building authentic business relationships and influencing stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strategies and effectively communicate updates and recommendations to executive level stakeholders.
- An understanding of (or experience with) audit (external or internal); familiarity with competitive products in our market space would be an asset.
- B2B software product management experience, ideally in Accounting, Audit, Financial Reporting (BI) or Data Analytics
- Previous experience with analyzing data and trends to identify product or service growth opportunities.
- Experience creating innovative software products in an Agile environment