Guided by the Product Roadmap, the Product Owner is responsible for the implementation of the company’s products, in line with the Product Vision. The Product Owner will be knowledgeable about accounting and auditing analytics. They will carry overall responsibility for the success and the implementation of their products and acts as the resident expert.
The Product Owner delivers the product within an Agile with Scrum framework and is responsible for maintaining the product backlog, prioritizing features, and maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Development Team.
CaseWare IDEA is a global fintech company providing solutions and services for audit analytics. Our solutions are used by over 250,000 professionals in a multitude of industries located in 130 countries and available in 16 languages. We are aggressively expanding into new markets and we are looking for innovative product-focused individuals who can help us define the future of analytics technology in the audit market.
CaseWare provides a flexible and friendly work environment. Our Ottawa office is a bright, open and modern space located near the St Laurent Shopping Center that has direct access to the Queensway and Transitway. The shopping centre offers many amenities, such as shopping, restaurants, and a fitness centre.
- Understand, and effectively communicate, the needs of an analytics-focused auditor.
- Collaborate with Development and other members of the Product Management team to shape our future products and ensure we are finding and solving market problems.
- Support the vision for what needs to be built and understand why it is useful to the market; promote the product vision and strategy within the organization.
- Critically evaluate potential solutions by considering data, precedents and input from stakeholders; weigh and balance complex information.
- Act as an expert on the product; involve Product Management team as appropriate.
- Build and prioritize/re-prioritize the product backlog.
- Assist in organizing and planning with Agile teams, Support, Marketing, Professional Services/Consulting, and Product Management teams to ensure resources are utilized in an optimal way to achieve company vision.
- Coordinate the efforts of Scrum Development teams, Support, Marketing, Consultants, Professional Services/Consulting, and Product Management teams to ensure success of product delivery to market.
- Act as the first point of contact for all product related inquiries and work collaboratively with all teams to address any issues that may arise.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated proactive contributor and subject matter expert on the product.
- Working knowledge of audit, review and compilation engagements performed in a public accounting practice, and/or experience with CaseWare IDEA is HIGHLY preferred.
- Willingness to learn from senior product members and grow with the product.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results.
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated passion for technology.