QA Lead – Ottawa
IDEA – PRODUCT /
FULL TIME – PERMANENT
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare IDEA is expanding and we are continuously looking to improve the way we engineer our software. We are looking for a leader who will help us manage and inspire our QA team.
As a QA Lead on the IDEA team you’ll be working to create, validate and verify software to help internal auditors all over the world. Their job is complex with a lot of moving pieces and our job is to provide the software to help them out. On our team, you’ll not only be exposed to various technologies but also to various parts of a business. You’ll work frequently with product owners, developers and designers so you are always aware of how our software is solving a real-world problem.
Our teams follow the Kanban methodology. Our quality assurance analysts are each assigned to a dedicated engineering team. You will join our engineering leadership team and bring QA expertise to help improve the way we ensure quality.
You will manage six quality analysts across two projects. On our brand new project, you’ll be working with our team to push our audit tools to the cloud using React, .NET core and Cypress. On our well-seasoned project, you’ll be helping us maintain and enhance our current product named IDEA.
We are lean, we are smart, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour work weeks here.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
- Coach QA team members to embrace continuous improvement and champion quality assurance.
- Define formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Define quality standards and metrics for the current projects/products.
- Set measurable criteria to verify quality on a timely basis.
- Define Testing Strategies.
- Ensure all development tasks meet quality criteria.
- Lead process improvement by raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Assist the product manager/design lead with planning
- Inspire and move things along.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
- Building and owning the QA vision across teams.
- Building a great dynamic within the QA team.
- Creating test strategies for the new cloud project.
- Creating automation tests that are part of a CI/CD.
- Improving our QA process on the current IDEA product.
We are looking for someone who:
- Passionate about quality assurance and technology.
- Excellent communicator and loves helping people.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent related work experience with formal post-secondary education.
- Experience in quality assurance.
- Experience leading QA teams using Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Significant knowledge and experience in automation, integration, and performance testing frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with functional testing where you were responsible for Test Planning, Test Case Design/Execution, and Defect Management.
- Experience in deploying test automation solutions.
- Experience with TestRail.
With a head office in Toronto, CaseWare is one of Canada’s original Fintech companies, having led the industry for over 30 years, with more than 500,000 users across 130 countries and available in 16 different languages.
While you might not have heard of us (yet) over 36,000 accounting and audit professionals list CaseWare as a skill on their LinkedIn profiles!
CaseWare’s cutting-edge software products are meticulously designed for accounting firms, corporations and governments. Our teams are continually collaborating, innovating and building upon our existing suite of products. With a customer focused mindset we are building technology that is shaping what the future of audits, financial reporting and financial data analytics will look like.
With a recent strategic investment from Hg Capital in 2020, CaseWare is now in its next major growth phase as we double down on the people and products that have made CaseWare so successful to date.
One of CaseWare’s core values is that we believe Our People Make Us Great and with that in mind, we’re dedicated to building teams as diverse as our customers in an equitable and inclusive way. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you require accommodations or have any questions at any point during the application or interview process, please e-mail our People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.