QA Lead – Ottawa
Location: remote until further notice
Term: 8/12 month
Hourly rate: $18.03 – $22.84
Application Materials: resume (required), cover letter (optional), unofficial transcripts (required), writing sample (required)
Who we are:
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok – ask your CPA or CA friend – they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare IDEA is expanding and we are continuously looking to improve the way we engineer our software. We are looking for a leader who will help us manage and inspire our QA team.
As a QA Lead on the IDEA team you’ll be working to create, validate and verify software to help internal auditors all over the world. Their job is complex with a lot of moving pieces and our job is to provide the software to help them out. On our team, you’ll not only be exposed to various technologies but also to various parts of a business. You’ll work frequently with product owners, developers and designers so you are always aware of how our software is solving a real-world problem.
Our teams follow the Kanban methodology. Our quality assurance analysts are each assigned to a dedicated engineering team. You will join our engineering leadership team and bring QA expertise to help improve the way we ensure quality.
You will manage six quality analysts across two projects. On our brand new project, you’ll be working with our team to push our audit tools to the cloud using React, .NET core and Cypress. On our well-seasoned project, you’ll be helping us maintain and enhance our current product named IDEA.
We are lean, we are smart, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour work weeks here.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Coach QA team members to embrace continuous improvement and champion quality assurance.
- Define formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Define quality standards and metrics for the current projects/products.
- Set measurable criteria to verify quality on a timely basis.
- Define Testing Strategies.
- Ensure all development tasks meet quality criteria.
- Lead process improvement by raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Assist the product manager/design lead with planning
- Inspire and move things along.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
[read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have tremendous impact]
- Building and owning the QA vision across teams.
- Building a great dynamic within the QA team.
- Creating test strategies for the new cloud project.
- Creating automation tests that are part of a CI/CD.
- Improving our QA process on the current IDEA product.
We are looking for someone who:
[you won’t see words like max of min years of experience down below. What you will see is value in YOUR experiences and mindset ]
- Passionate about quality assurance and technology.
- Excellent communicator and loves helping people.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent related work experience with formal post-secondary education.
- Experience in quality assurance.
- Experience leading QA teams using Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Significant knowledge and experience in automation, integration, and performance testing frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with functional testing where you were responsible for Test Planning, Test Case Design/Execution, and Defect Management.
- Experience in deploying test automation solutions.
- Experience with TestRail.
Who you will work with
[Because we know it’s all about the people; the amazing folks who are mission driven; the team you will be working alongside to do incredible work in service of the CaseWare team and in support of our business goals]
Here are the members of the leadership team you’ll be joining
Some more, important stuff:
At CaseWare, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. As such, we strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We aspire to make CaseWare the place where you bring your authentic self and thrive.