Senior Full-Stack Developer – Ottawa
Senior Full-Stack Developer
Who we are:
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok – ask your CPA or CA friend – they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto-headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
CaseWare has been a leading provider of software to help the internal and external audit market for the last 30 years. We’re now expanding our software suite by making new and exciting cloud-based applications.
So as a Senior Full-Stack Developer on the Bionic team you’ll be working to create software to help internal auditors all over the world. Their job is complex with a lot of moving pieces and our job is to provide the software to help them out. On our team, you’ll not only be exposed to various technologies but also to various parts of a business. You’ll work frequently with Product, QA and Design so you are always aware of how the code you are writing is solving a real-world problem.
Joining a team in the early days and working on a relatively new product is a pretty amazing experience. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions and to have an impact. We are lean, we are smart, and we live for balance – there are no mandatory 60-hour work weeks here.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
When we say full-stack, we mean full-stack. Here is how a week could look for a developer on team Bionic:
● Monday: Writing MongoDB and PostgreSQL queries to create new projects in our system.
● Tuesday: Creating APIs in C#/.NET to support all those fancy queries you wrote on Monday.
● Wednesday: Battling ReactJS/Redux, HTML, and CSS to ensure that the modal you’re working on matches the designs perfectly and is responsive.
● Thursday: Participate in architecture sessions to ensure our customers have a safe, secure way to reset their passwords.
● Friday: Attend product and design sessions so you can provide your feedback on the product and know what is coming down the pipeline.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
[read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have a tremendous impact]
Over the past year developers on our team have tackled problems that include, but are not limited to:
- Designing a multi-tenant architecture from scratch
- Creating dozens of reusable components in ReactJS/Redux
- Working with the production operations team to get our application working in AWS
- Researching, testing, and picking an approach to model our data
- Securely integrating with other CaseWare software to provide CaseWare users with a seamless experience
We are looking for someone who:
[you won’t see words like max. of min. years of experience down below. What you will see is value in YOUR experiences and mindset]
- Is experienced with C#/.NET
- Is experienced with enterprise-level web application architecture
- Is experienced with ReactJS/Redux, MongoDB, SQL and HTML/CSS
- Has strong communication abilities
- Takes individual ownership and responsibility over tasks
- Has a growth-mindset and values constant feedback from our customers and teams
- Has a healthy approach to velocity and technical debt
- Wants to work on and solve difficult technical challenges
- Takes their work seriously, but not themselves too seriously
Who you will work with:
[Because we know it’s all about the people; the amazing folks who are mission driven; the team you will be working alongside to do incredible work in service of the CaseWare team and in support of our business goals]
Some of the members of team Bionic: